Truck Accident Attorneys Serving Boca Raon and Surrounding Areas
From Miami to Pensacola, big trucks are everywhere in Florida, moving freight from major ports and delivering goods all over the state.
With more cars and trucks on Florida’s roads, accidents are bound to happen. But when one of those vehicles is a big truck, the results can be devastating.
Every year, over 3 million trucks drive on our nation’s highways. In 2016, trucks accounted for 8% of all vehicles involved in a crash. An accident with a truck results in more serious injuries than a two-vehicle passenger accident and more often results in a fatality.
Truck accidents can be caused by:
- Driver fatigue
- Distracted driving
- Driving with unmanaged health problems
- Improperly loaded or unsecured cargo
- Insufficient truck maintenance/repairs
- Unqualified drivers
- Insufficient supervision and management of drivers
The nationwide shortage of drivers has put pressure on trucking companies to find and train drivers quickly. Unfortunately, not all of those drivers are well-qualified to drive an 80,000 pound vehicle safely, and some may be forced to drive longer than the set limits, resulting in tired, underqualified drivers.
More Serious Injuries
An accident with a big truck can lead to catastrophic injuries, including:
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Soft tissue injuries like whiplash
- Burns and disfigurement
- Traumatic brain injuries
If you’ve suffered any of these injuries or lost a loved one in an accident, we’re here to help. The attorneys at Klein Law Group have the skills and experience needed to investigate and litigate truck accidents. We’ll work to help you recover compensation for:
- Medical Expenses
- Pain & Suffering
- Loss of Income
- Final expenses
- Other losses
After The Accident
In the aftermath of an accident, you may not know what to do or who to call. There are a few things you’ll need to do after an accident:
- Get medical attention: The first thing you must do is seek medical attention if you’re injured. Seeking treatment will help you start to heal, as well as document injuries for your case. Your truck accident attorney will collect medical records as a part of your case’s discovery.
- Give a statement to the police: Make make sure a police report is created. This will be an important part of your case.
- Collect evidence: Take pictures of the accident scene and your injuries with your cell phone or smartphone. This allows you to provide your lawyer with additional evidence.
- Contact an attorney: It is important that you contact an attorney to help with your claim. An experienced truck accident attorney will know how to handle the insurance company and will take the lead in your case so you can focus on healing.
Contact Klein Law Group Today
Since 1996, Klein Law Group has worked to provide the best legal representation to its clients. Our attorneys stand ready to help with your case and get you the compensation you deserve.
We’re committed to helping individuals injured in truck accidents. If you’ve been hurt or lost a loved one in an accident with a truck, contact us today for a free consultation.