Boca Raton Car Accident Lawyers
You’re driving along A1A, enjoying the ocean when suddenly everything stops. Your airbag has deployed and debris is scattered about the road. You’re stunned because you’ve just been in an accident. What you do next is very important.
Why It Happened
Car accidents are generally caused by someone’s negligence, including:
- Going through a traffic light
- Not paying attention
- Falling asleep while driving
- Driving a car that’s unsafe
Negligent drivers put everyone on Florida’s roads and highways at risk.
A Post-Accident Checklist
It’s important that you stay calm after an accident, even if you are injured. Remember that you must stay at the scene of the accident until the police arrive.
- Call 911 and report your accident. Let the operator know if you are injured and need medical attention.
- Assess your injuries
- Stay safe, but move your car out of the flow of traffic if possible.
- Follow any instructions given by police and ask for a report to be created.
- If you’re able, use your phone to take pictures of the scene of the accident. Take as many as you can.
- Request a tow truck through your insurance company
- Get the name of the tow truck company and the location to where your car is being towed.
- Immediately seek medical attention after the accident, whether in an emergency room or follow-up care with your physician.
- Contact a Florida car accident attorney and make an appointment
Florida’s Statute of Limitations
Florida has a four-year time limit called the “statute of limitations,” in which you have to file your claim. The four-year period starts on the date of your accident. If you don’t file by that time, you’ll lose your right to file a claim and any lawsuit you file will be dismissed.
A Word About Insurance Companies
You may begin receiving phone calls from insurance companies after your accident, even if you’re in the hospital. These companies are only interested in settling your claim quickly and for as little as they can get away with. Before speaking to an insurance company, contact an experienced, knowledgeable attorney.
A car accident attorney can help you recover compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Pain & suffering
- Other accident-related compensatory expenses
Don’t let an insurance company take away the money you need to heal and get on with your life. We’re ready to take on the insurance companies so you can concentrate on taking care of yourself.
After Your Accident, Call Klein Law Group
The time after a car accident is confusing. You may need assistance, but don’t know who to call. Klein Law Group is ready to help. From negotiations with insurance companies to going to court, our attorneys will walk you through the process and make sure your interests are protected.
We work hard to protect our clients and help them secure their financial future. Contact us today to set up your free consultation.