Michael Liss is a seasoned trial attorney whose legal journey began when he graduated law school and was licensed in 1993. With a wide-range of trial experience that encompasses family law, criminal, personal injury, business, fraud, consumer, insurance and real estate, he brings a wealth of expertise to his clients.
Michael’s life story originates in New York City where he was born and raised. He pursued his education earning a B.A. from Queens College (CUNY) and a J.D. from the University of Dayton School of Law. His personal life took an unexpected turn when he became a single parent to two children after a challenging divorce, granting him a profound understanding of the struggles and emotions that his family law clients experience.
Michael holds licenses from both the Ohio Bar, admitted in 1993, and the Florida Bar, admitted in 2003. Uniquely, he has also represented fellow attorneys in disciplinary investigations undertaken by the Florida Bar, making him a dedicated and multi-jurisdictional legal professional.
- University of Dayton School of Law, Dayton, Ohio
- Juris Doctorate, 1993
- Queens College (CUNY), Queens, NY
- B.A. in English, 1988
- Ohio Bar, 1993
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio, Admitted 1993
- Florida Bar, 2003
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, Admitted 2013
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida, Admitted 2013
AREA OF PRACTICE
- 100% Family Law
- 100% of Practice devoted to Litigation
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Family Section – Florida Bar Association
- Lexis-Nexis Author