Child Support Attorneys Boca Raton
At Klein Law Group, our child support lawyers in Boca Raton, West Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale can help you navigate through the intricacies involved during the development of a child support agreement and can also provide you with the assistance you may need in modifying and enforcing child support agreements.
Child support is an obligation that provides financial support by a non-custodial parent for a child or children following a divorce. If a divorcing couple has children, one of the most important aspects to be determined is child support, in conjunction with time-sharing issues. Child support payments are designed to ensure that children are provided for financially, despite the lifestyle changes that may occur as a result of the divorce.
Child Support Services in Boca Raton, West Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale
A court determines the amount of child support that is required to be paid by the non-custodial parent. This amount is calculated based on the Florida Child Support Guidelines and is influenced by factors such as the combined incomes of the parents and the Time-Sharing Plan. Our child support attorneys in Boca Raton, West Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale can provide you with the information you need to determine if your child support payments are being fairly calculated by the court. If there appears to be a deviation from the child support guidelines by the court, or there are questions as to the validity of actual income figures being used, we work hard to ensure that child support payments are calculated accurately based on proper data.
Our child support lawyers can also represent you if modifications to child support agreements are necessary. A modification to child support payments can be requested if there are significant changes in circumstances for one or both parents or the financial needs of the children, or there are changes made to the parenting or time sharing plans.
We can also help you with enforcing child support agreements if the other parent is not keeping up with regularly scheduled child support payments. A child support attorney can be your best chance of ensuring that child support payments are paid as determined by the court, and that they are not late or delinquent.
Free Child Support Consultation in Boca Raton, West Palm Beach or Fort Lauderdale
With offices located in Boca Raton, West Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale, a child support attorney from our firm is conveniently located to most individuals within the South Florida area. We offer free, no-obligation child support consultations, providing you with the opportunity to ask about child support guidelines and the process that occurs in determining child support in conjunction with a divorce, or to obtain more information about modifying or enforcing existing child support agreements.
Contact Our Florida Child Support Lawyers Today!
If you have children, are going through a divorce and need help navigating the process of child support determination, or require legal representation to modify or enforce an existing child support agreement, call the South Florida child support attorneys at Klein Law Group today at 561-353-2800. We can provide you with solid legal guidance, answer the many questions you may have, and schedule a no-cost child support consultation during which you can further discuss the unique aspects of your case. If you prefer, you can fill out the form on the side of this page and one of our experienced child support lawyers will call you back.
Child support is a very important part of a divorce because it can have such a dramatic effect on the lives of the children of divorcing parents, affecting them for years to come. At Klein Law Group, our child support lawyers in Boca Raton, West Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale provide compassionate yet tenacious representation and guidance, protecting your rights and those of your children in the pursuit of a positive and equitable resolution.
Florida Child Support FAQs
Who determines the amount of child support payments?A judge makes the final determination as to the amount of child support payments that are required to be made by the non-custodial parent following a divorce.
How are child support payment amounts determined?In the state of Florida, child support amounts are calculated using the Florida Child Support Guidelines. This amount is based on information such as the combined incomes of the parents, the number of children involved, the parenting and time sharing plans, and factors such as costs for daycare, education, insurance and health care. The amount of time that the non-custodial parent has with the children also factors into the payment amount. For example, if the non-custodial parent has more overnight visits with the child or children, the amount they are required to pay will be lower than if they have fewer visits.
How long do child support payments last?The state of Florida only requires that child support payments be made until a child has turned 18 and has graduated from high school. If the child turns 18, but is still fully enrolled in high school, payments must continue until the child has graduated.
What types of costs are covered by child support?Child support payments are designed so that the non-custodial parent shares in the financial responsibility with the custodial parent of paying for items that affect the well-being of the child. This means that anything that can be considered to directly benefit the child, such as daycare, clothing, tuition, health care, etc., can be covered by child support payments. Some items that fall under the child support guidelines can be contested, as they may be deemed as unnecessary.
Can child support payments be changed if circumstances change?Yes. If there are any changes to either parent’s financial circumstances or the children’s financial needs, you can petition for a modification of child support. During this process, you will have to present any new information to the court so it can determine if a modification to the amount of child support payments is in order.
What happens if my ex-spouse does not make child support payments as instructed?If your former spouse does not make required child support payments, it is in the best interests of you and your child (or children) to hire an experienced child support attorney. The process of enforcing the payment of child support on an ex-spouse that has been delinquent in making payments can be a legally complex and confusing process, so the advice and representation of an experienced child support attorney can prove to be especially valuable.
In what areas of South Florida do you provide child support services?We have offices in Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach. Child support lawyers from Klein Law Group provide services in the following counties and cities within South Florida:
- Palm Beach County
- Broward County
- Dade County
- Highlands County
- Martin County
- St Lucie County
- Okeechobee County
- Indian River County
- Aberdeen, Belle Glade, Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Bryant, Canal Point, Cypress Lakes, Delray Beach, Golden Lakes, Golf, Greenacres, Hamptons at Boca Raton, Highland Beach, High Point, Juno Beach, Juno Ridge, Jupiter, Jupiter Inlet Colony, Kings Point, Lakeside Green, Lake Clarke Shores, Lake Harbor, Lake Park, Lake Worth, Lake Worth Corridor, Lantana, Loxahatchee Groves, Mission Bay, North Palm Beach, Okeelanta, Pahokee, Palm Beach Gardens, Riviera Beach, Royal Palm Beach, Royal Palm Estates, Sandalfoot Cove, South Bay, Tequesta, Twentymile Bend, Wellington, West Palm Beach
- Coconut Creek, Cooper City, Coral Springs, Dania Beach, Davie, Deerfield Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Hallandale Beach, Hillsboro Beach, Hollywood, Lauderdale Lakes, Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, Lauderhill, Lazy Lake, Lighthouse Point, Margate, Miramar, North Lauderdale, Oakland Park, Parkland, Pembroke Park, Pembroke Pines, Plantation, Pompano Beach, Sea Ranch Lakes, Southwest Ranches, Sunrise, Tamarac, West Park, Weston, Wilton Manors
- Aventura, Bal Harbour, Bay Harbor Islands, Biscayne Park, Coconut Grove, Coral Gables, Cutler Bay, Doral, El Portal, Florida City, Golden Beach, Goulds, Hialeah, Hialeah Gardens, Homestead, Indian Village, Islandia, Kendall, Key Biscayne, Leisure City, Liberty City, Medley, Miami, Miami Beach, Miami Gardens, Miami Lakes, Miami Shores Village, Miami Springs, North Bay Village, North Miami, North Miami Beach, Opa-Locka, Palmetto Bay, Pinecrest, Pinewood, Princeton, Richmond Heights, South Miami, Sunny Isles Beach, Surfside, Sweetwater, Virginia Gardens, West Miami, Westchester, Westwood Lake
- Avon Park, Lake Placid, Leisure Lakes, Lorida, Placid Lakes, Sebring, Sylvan Shores, Venus
- Arundel, Hobe Sound, Hutchinson Island South, Indiantown, Jensen Beach, Jupiter Island, North River Shores, Ocean Breeze Park, Palm City, Port Mayaca, Port Salerno, Sewall’s Point, Stuart, William Field
- Fort Pierce, Fort Pierce South, Hutchinson Island, Lakewood Park, Port St. Lucie, Port St. Lucie-River Park, White City
- Cypress Quarters, Okeechobee, Taylor Creek, Up the Grove Beach
- Fellsmere, Florida Ridge, Gifford, Indian River Shores, North Beach, Orchid, Roseland, Sebastian, Vero Beach, Vero Lake Estates, Wabasso Beach, West Vero Corridor, Winter Beach